Capturing the extent and sources of variability in NGS-based microbiome profiling protocols and analyses.
A set of initial protocols has been compiled from the following publications:
- Costea, et. al. Towards standards for human fecal sample processing in metagenomic studies.
- Sinha, et. al. The microbiome quality control project: baseline study design and future directions.
- Sinha, et. al. Assessment of variation in microbial community amplicon sequencing by the Microbiome Quality Control (MBQC) project consortium.
- Caporaso, et. al. Global patterns of 16S rRNA diversity at a depth of millions of sequences per sample
- Caporaso, et. al. Ultra-high-throughput microbial community analysis on the Illumina HiSeq and MiSeq platforms
- American Gut Project
- International Human Microbiome Standards (IHMS)
- Human Microbiome Project Consortium
How to provide protocol metadata?
Specifications related to providing metadata are forthcoming.